Project Details (Tatiana)

     At this point in time, my internship has been over for about a week and I am planning what I want to include on my poster. I have been brainstorming ideas of possible research questions that could apply to what I did during my internship, but this is proving to be a difficult task because most of the work I did revolved around cataloging outflows rather than actually exploring a question. So far, I have been able to come up with my methods and procedures and some of the basic information that I want to include on my poster about outflows and star formation. I also have results for my research in the sense that I have different types of images of various outflows in the Orion Nebula to showcase on my poster. However, I do not have results that exactly answer any specific research question at this point.
     Throughout my internship, I learned things such as what star formation is and what happens during it, how to look for outflows, how to use various computer programs such Glue, CASA, and DS9, and in general, what astronomers do during their day to day work routine.  One of the most interesting things that happened during my internship was when during one of the research meetings, an astronomer from the University of Texas came to speak about her research and how it will help in the field of star formation. She talked about this program that her research team is working on that will be able to identify specific features in space (such as an outflow) so that human beings do not have to manually go through and find them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project Details (Zuhah)

Project Description (Cyril King)

Amir:All about me