Project Details (Cyril King)

When coming into the program, something that I hoped to learn was how to carry out a research project, earn about the application of the research and its importance to education. My expectation is the same to an extent from what I learned since I learned about the implementation of the study in the real world and why it's essential. However, I still struggle to understand how to fully carry out a research project since, the project that I was assigned regarded little data analysis. Even though, the project that I was assigned provided little data analysis; it had a strong background in information. Finally, I got the chance to not only focus on my project but also the projects that individuals within the program were doing as well.
The most challenging aspects of my research experience did not have the chance to focus on a specific problem or question. When we did try to focus on a particular issue or question it was deemed not necessary or not useful so, there was no funding to continue the problem/ question for further investigation. Furthermore, another challenging aspect of my research experience was not focusing enough on my project. I only focused on my project for the first two weeks since, the next two weeks there were complications in time management, health and coming up with more problems/ questions to focus on.
Based on my research experience this summer it has influenced me to pursue a career in the medical field since the program provided strong importance to nano-research and medical research. The CRISP program allowed me to focus on the study of Plasma, Nanoparticles, Material Science, Physics and more; strengthen my interest in research projects when looking towards my future. As a result of this experience, it has allowed me to grow in knowledge. Other than experience and knowledge, this program benefited me through communication skills, business skills. The project that I was involved in included a collection of data. However, the purpose of the project is to understand the limitations, components and process of the ICP-MS. The most enjoyable parts of my research experience were getting the chance to work with the different machines within the facility as well as seeing the departments, experimentation was done and witness business meetings. When participating in the program the faculty mentors, grad-students and postdoc students all helped contribute to further educating me and making my CRISP experience positive. Everyone contributed through engaging with me, allowing me to see the projects they are working on and expound upon their data and research. Through the faculty, students and postdocs I got the chance to access the equipment and learn more about subjects that aren’t offered at my school.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project Details (Zuhah)

Project Description (Cyril King)

Amir:All about me