First Impressions

     The first week of my summer internship revolved around learning the basics of star formation. Dr. Arce taught us how to work three different types of computer software that help us to identify various protostars and their outflows. During this internship, we are working on cataloging these protostars and creating intensity maps of their outflows. So far, it has pretty much been what I expected since I had the opportunity to work with astronomy last summer. I expected it to revolve mainly around coding and working at the computer and that is what we have been doing for the most part.
     For me, the most interesting and exciting part was not only learning from Dr. Arce, but also attending his research group meeting and learning from all its members. Everyone in the group has been extremely helpful and patient with us as we learn as much as we can. In short, the internship so far has been a very rewarding experience in that I have learned so much in such a short period of time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project Details (Zuhah)

Project Description (Cyril King)

Project Details (Tatiana)