First Impressions (Daniela)

This week I began my research at the CRISP lab at SCSU. I was extremely impressed with the technology used in the labs, there are a variety of microscopes to examine different material. For example there is the Scanning Electron Microscope, the Transmission Electron Microscope, and the Atomic Force Microscope. We were given a tour around the labs and had a basic introduction to the equipment used in various projects. Here at CRISP there are a variety of ongoing projects, some people are working with steel, nanotubes, and other independent projects. I have been reading and researching the materials that my PI has been investigating,  I have also seen the images of the nanotubes I will be researching taken with the TEM.
The students here at Southern work on a variety of research investigations, some companies sponsor different projects for the students to work on. This was not what I expected because there are many things going on in this building, I originally thought the CRISP program would work on one type of project and the staff would work on that together, but there's all types of research going on here. Most people work independently with the help of other staff in charge. I think that the equipment the students use is the most interesting because they get the opportunity to do most of the work on their own and learn how to operate complex machinery. I am very eager to learn more about nanotubes and peptides (my PI's project mainly revolves around these two topics).



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project Details (Zuhah)

Project Description (Cyril King)

Project Details (Tatiana)