First Impressions (Cyril King)


During the first week of the CRISP (Center for Research on Interface Structures and Phenomena) at Southern Connecticut State University, my overall perception of the internship has progressively changed. On July 3, 2018, at 8:40 am I didn't know what to expect when entering into the Science Building Doors. I arrived astoundingly earlier than anyone due to my readiness for the internship. Attaining feelings of anxiousness, fear and a diluted structure of euphoria. Time agilely passed as I was instructed and informed through research, lab training, data analysis, lab equipment training, preparation for study and individual studying. Furthermore, I noticed that the Center for Research on Interface Structures and Phenomena internship compelled me to focus on extensive research and learn subjects that aren't available at my school; it allows the opportunity for me to leave my comfort zone and challenge myself to work harder and grow from mistakes and lessons I've attained throughout the day.

Even though the CRISP internship isn't what I expected since, I am not entirely eloquent in the subject of physics, material science, and chemistry. I was enlightened through getting the opportunity and experience. Furthermore, I don't know the Southern Connecticut State University campus competently, so I had a hard time finding the cafeteria, facilities, local restaurants or café. However, local students and faculty on campus aided me when in need of help. When regarding the week the most exciting and surprising moment involves hands-on experimentation and education. I was introduced to students and faculty on campus that are involved in a variety of research projects, so I got the chance to learn about subjects that isn't offered at my school. I am anticipated for this month while participating in the CRISP internship and ready to learn more about nanoparticles, plasma and particle analysis.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project Details (Zuhah)

Project Description (Cyril King)

Project Details (Tatiana)