Training #3 (Daniela)

My project will be about materials science and interface surfaces, the materials the CRISP center focuses on are crystalline metal oxides and bulk metallic glasses. While I am not exactly sure what the PI is currently studying or the focus of the project is, the CRISP research center focuses on the applications of of surfaces between different materials and the interfaces where two materials come into contact. Upon reading this I thought that this was just some random field of study, but materials science has become an increasingly relevant field of study as devices become smaller and more complex. Through materials science, discoveries can be made about the interactions between different materials and how to control and utilize the materials' behaviors. 
I am looking forward to learning more about the project I will be working on and meeting the PIs at CRISP. I am also looking forward to learning more about interdisciplinary research and applying the knowledge I've acquired in multiple science classes. I am still nervous about all of the material I will have to learn this summer, I hope it's not overwhelming! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project Details (Zuhah)

Project Description (Cyril King)

Project Details (Tatiana)