Ethan: All About Me

Hello, my name is Ethan Weed and I am a rising senior at the Engineering and Science University Magnet School. I have done the Evolutions program for three years, and I am beyond excited to be doing an internship this summer in chemical engineering with Dr. Gentner. For a very long time, I have had a passion for engineering, specifically environmental engineering. Last year, my intrests in STEM and the environment lead me to cofound Wasteless Urban Composter, an invention that me and two other peers created to address the issue of food waste and greenhouse gas emissions. Our design has won multiple awards, including first place in the Paradigm Challenge, as well as first place in the 2017 Connecticut Student Innovation Expo. Over the past year, my interests in the environment have grown even more, and I hope to study environmental engineering in college. This summer, I hope to gain skills in preforming scientific research, as well as gain lab experience. Furthermore, I am excited to work under Dr. Gentner and learn from his experiences and knowledge in the fields of environmental and chemical engineering. To work under someone who shares my passions is very exciting to me, and I very much look forward to working in the lab this summer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project Details (Zuhah)

Project Description (Cyril King)

Project Details (Tatiana)