Daniela - All About Me

Hi, my name is Daniela Flores! I am sophomore at Wilbur Cross and I have just completed my first year at EVO. I am not much of an out-spoken type of person, but I do like to be involved in many different activities. I play the saxophone and flute, at school I participate in many different different music programs including marching band, concert band, and jazz band. I'm not extremely talented when it comes to music, it's more of a hobby; I also participate in a program called DELTA at Neighborhood music school, and I recently played in the Southern Regional Band (My goal is to make it to state band next year!). I really enjoy listening to jazz, but I listen to just about anything. Another one of interests includes science! I really enjoy learning new concepts and ideas, I volunteer at a program called Girls' Science Investigations where I am able to teach basic science concepts and instruct young girls with mini-experiments, this combines my interest in science and motivation when it comes to teaching.
I have lots of random hobbies too, I like to work on science fair projects at school (fairly simple projects), I spend most of my free time knitting, reading, or watching shows on Netflix. I love spending time with friends and trying out new restaurants and foods.
During the summer, I usually get lots of volunteer work in, last year I was a math tutor and spent lots of hours cleaning up Edgerton park. I am especially looking forward to this summer, I will be working with the CRISP program and I'm not sure what to expect from this experience, but I hope that the time I spend researching and focusing on this project will help me with my work ethic in school. I am considering studying in a STEM field, but I'm still trying to keep my options open to different fields of interest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project Details (Zuhah)

Project Description (Cyril King)

Project Details (Tatiana)