My overall task for this internship is to create a catalog of the outflows of various young stars. This catalog consists of four different types of images: one that shows the outflow at blue (or low) velocities and red (or high) velocities, one that shows it in the near-infrared, one in the optical wavelength (what we would see if we looked at it with our eyes), and finally one from the Spitzer Space Telescope which takes images in the infrared. In order to begin this catalog, I need to first identify the outflows. To do this, I open a program called DS9 where I am able to open this file that resembles a video. It contains many images (going from low velocity to high velocity) that I can play through in order to find outflows. In order to make this easier, I can load a region file right onto the images which shows me where different stars are. These names are color coded according to where the star is in its process of formation, with red meaning that it is in its e...
Comments
Post a Comment