Training #3

My project this summer will be all about star formation, specifically looking at multi-wavelength astronomy to help us discover information such as what effect wind and radiation emitted from young stars have on the dust and gas of the cloud in which they formed. Star formation is relevant to the broader field of astronomy in that it helps human beings understand how the universe and the structures (such as galaxies and solar systems) came to be. It can also help us to understand where the universe and stars are heading in terms of their formation.

On the first day in the lab, I am looking forward to meeting with Dr. Arcé and learning more about his research. I am excited to learn about what specifically we will be doing in the lab and seeing the lab environment for the first time. I am not particularly nervous about anything except maybe not being able to understand some of the material, but usually, when I read more about it and piece it together, I can figure out what is going on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project Details (Zuhah)

Project Description (Cyril King)

Project Details (Tatiana)