PI Research (Johanna)

Dr. Hector Arce's specific area of research are star formations and "physical and chemical processes in the interstellar medium". He mainly focuses on observations of the gas and dust in star-forming regions.  His area of research ties into my internship since it has to do with astronomy. I am excited to be able to work with Dr. Arce and expand my knowledge on star formation since it has been a topic I recently became fond about. Though after reading about the process it takes, I am still slightly confused on all the tools he uses and develops different methods. 

hydrostatic- relating to or denoting the equilibrium of liquids and the pressure exerted by liquid at rest.
Kinematic- he branch of mechanics concerned with the motion of objects without reference to the forces that cause the motion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project Details (Zuhah)

Project Description (Cyril King)

Project Details (Tatiana)