PI Research (Tatiana)

Dr. Hector Arcé's areas of research in astronomy are star formation and the different "physical and chemical processes that [occur] in the interstellar medium." He also conducts research on young stars in terms of their outflows to learn if those outflows play any role in star formation. In our internship, we will be looking into star formation. It relates to my interests because I enjoy learning about the universe and how it came to be. Looking into how stars form can give human beings an understanding about how galaxies have formed and evolved over time.

After reading about Dr. Arcé's research, I am not extremely confused about the basics of his research. Once I start looking further into the research in terms of the scientific papers, I might become slightly confused in terms of the concepts, math equations, and terminology, but I will attempt to research those to understand them more when it comes time for that. One concept/term that I was not familiar with was the envelope that surrounds the protostars. This envelope is considered to be the area surrounding the star that contains most of the mass.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project Details (Zuhah)

Project Description (Cyril King)

Project Details (Tatiana)