About My PI Dr. Drew Gentner (Ethan)

Dr. Drew Gentner is currently the Assistant Professor of Chemical and Environmental Engineering and Forestry and Environmental Studies at Yale University. Dr. Gentner has interests in studying primary and secondary air pollution, as well as studying the implications they have on climate and human health. He has published multiple scientific papers throughout his career, one of his most recent highlighting the increasing negative influence that non-combustion sources have on urban air quality. While reading his research on the topic, I was presented with vocabulary that I had never encountered before. One term I learned was secondary organic aerosol (SOA). Secondary organic aerosols refer to pollutants emitted from both man made and natural sources. I have interests that align with Dr. Gentner's work, and I am very excited to work under him in the lab this summer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project Details (Zuhah)

Project Description (Cyril King)

Project Details (Tatiana)